Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine's Experiment

When the average person thinks of Valentine's Day, of course the first thing that comes to mind is "LOVE"!... and when we think of a symbol of love, we think of "HEARTS"!  It was only fitting that I make a cake in the shape of a heart! :)

I wanted to do something other than my typical Oreo cake or Strawberry shortcake... so I thought....RED Velvet...Strawberry... Hmm....one red velvet layer and one sstarwberry layer.... Ooooo Strawberry with Red Velvet swirls!...in the shape of a heart!

So here it is...a 6" heart shaped, strawberry with red velvet swirls, a cream cheese icing and sprinkles!


My nephew and son liked it!



So after that experiment, I was left with all this left-over cake mix... More red velvet than strawberry. ugh! What to do?... I just threw it all in a sheet pan....and look what came out!









 This was actually better than the previous cake! My mom loved it, my brother and his family loved it... It was gone in no time...I planned to bring a few pieces to church, but it didn't make it.... my bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment